TERMITE CONTROL IN CHENNAI
Termite or ‘white ant’ infestations treatment and prevention in Termite homes. Do you have termites in and around your home?. We are Specialised in Termite Control in Chennai. Many insects are confused with termites, especially ants. Termites are sometimes referred to as ‘white ants’ because of their pale appearance. Initially, termites have an important role in the forest ecosystem as they break down cellulose. However, when their natural food source is eliminated, termites replace it with anything made of or containing cellulose. And, cellulose is commonly found in dead wood and wood by-products which leads the termite directly to your home.
In exposed areas, termites travel within the shelter, dirt tubes that they construct. Temperature has a strong influence on daily and seasonal activity. Termites remain active in cold weather if the structure they are infesting is heated.
The first step in protecting a house is to prevent termites from gaining access. Our termite control treatment incorporates a barrier placed beneath or around the house.
Barriers are designed to deter termites or bring their presence out into the open. Barriers can be physical or chemical in nature.
Termite pest control for the home can be achieved by remembering the following facts:
• Termites are attracted to wood, so remove potential termite food away from buildings – their food can include timber stacks, old stumps, building refuse, garden decoration such as sleepers and logs.
• Waste timber from construction activities is often left in place or stored under the house – remove all timber formwork.
• Termites are attracted to water, so fix leaking water pipes, drains, showers, sinks etc, plus capture water from air conditioning units.
• Termites prefer humid conditions, so keep air under the house dry by improving sub-floor ventilation, drainage and access.
• Termites cannot chew through properly laid concrete, so ensure concrete slab is properly designed, compacted, and cured.
• Termites colonies can sometimes be located – it is possible to eliminate colonies by killing the reproductive’s (the queen and the king).
Regular inspections are the most important part of Termite control treatment, therefore:
• Residential Area Owners can inspect houses themselves more frequently than a professional if they can identify termite activity.
Termite Control – Pre Construction Treatment:
If you are planning to build a house or develop your property, than preconstruction pest control treatment is the first thing you should think of. We use highly professional and advanced techniques for treating the termite infestation problem.
Direct liquid treatments are applied to the outside, inside and also in the foundation to eliminate the termites completely. Direct injection of liquid pesticide (termiticide) in areas like the foundation, within the foundation walls and also areas under the concrete slabs is part of our specialized termite control treatment plan.
Termite Treatment Control Stages:
• We treat the sides and the bottom surface of the foundation trenches and pits with a chemical to a height of about 30cm at the rate of 5 Lit. per square meter of surface area.
• Backfill earth on each side of all built up walls, which will be in immediate contact with the foundation, should be treated with the chemical at the rate of 7.5Lit. per linear meter of vertical surface of the substructure, to a depth of 45cm and width of 15cm.
• The chemical shall be directed towards the masonry surfaces so that earth in contact with these surfaces is well treated with the chemical.
• Before laying the floor, treat the top surface of the consolidated earth within the plinth walls with the chemical at the rate of 5lit. per square meter. Ensure backfill against foundation is treated to its full depth.
• Builders should take care that any disruption of the barrier during later construction work (e.g. creation of gardens over the treated barrier), may lead to untreated gaps.
Post Construction Treatment – Termite Pest Control:
Subterranean termites are the most common termites in North Carolina. Several subterranean species are native to North Carolina, but their biology and activity are essentially the same. The Formosan subterranean termite, an imported species, has recently been identified in a few locations in the state, but they are not widely distributed at this time.
Termites “nest” in the soil and from there they can attack structures by building shelter tubes from the soil to the wood in structures. To control termites, it is almost always necessary to use pesticides.
Pesticides used to control termites are called termiticides. Termiticides may be applied as liquids or baits. When applied as a liquid, the termiticide is injected into the soil or to wood members of a structure.
We undertake post construction pest control treatment services for offices and Home.
Treatment To Masonry Foundation (External Side) :
• If there is loose soil around the walls of your building, we dig a shovel width trench close to the external wall of the building exposing the foundation wall surface up to a depth of 50cm.
• If there exists a concrete cover or masonry apron around the walls of your building, holes are drilled as close as possible to the plinth wall about 300mm (1ft) apart from each other.
• Remove all stumps, dead wood, and other cellulose containing material in contact with the soil from the crawl space.
• There should be no contact between the building woodwork and the soil or fill material. Exterior woodwork should be located a minimum of 6 inches above the ground and beams in crawl spaces at least 18 inches above ground to provide ample space to make future inspections.
• Ventilation openings in foundations should be designed to prevent dead air pockets. This helps keep the ground dry and unfavourable for termites.
• Termite Pest Control Services are very effective we make sure you are free from termite at your home, commercial or industrial area.
• Proper grading to direct water away from the structure.
We are availbale 24/7 Pest Control Services in Chennai Call us +91 9789039020!!!
Check our pest pricing ( Only in Chennai ) – Pest Control Chennai prices